- FINALLY! Added Camera and Photo icon (via biteSMS pop-up menu) so you can easily send photo’s in Quick Compose and Quick Reply.
- Added an ‘Opt Out’ of a conversation feature. Ideal for spam or group messages or even keeping a ‘quiet’ conversation. Long holding on a conversation toggles notification alerts on or off.
- Added a ‘Copy to Clipboard’ feature. Ever wanted to copy an entire conversation and then for example email a copy of it. It’s easy now using biteSMS, go into any conversation (tap the status bar to go to top of convo) then tap [Copy to Clipboard].
- Tapping the biteSMS status bar icon now launches Quick Reply if there’s just one pending message (otherwise slides open the Notification Center).
- Added Orientation Lock for Quick Compose and Quick Reply. See biteSMS > Settings > More Stuff.
- Added ability to specify a group message contact pic. See biteSMS > Settings > More Stuff > Contact Pics.
- Much better integration with Siri for iPhone 4S devices.
- Now compliant with iOS 5.1.
- Added some simple theme support. There is a file you can create and edit to specify the color of the QR and QC text fields. Only create the file and add details for fields you want to change.
- Bunch of bug fixes and performance improvements.
The file is /Applications/biteSMS.app/QR-theme.plist (this file is not there as we don’t want to overwrite it for each release).
You need to create it for your own purposes. However there is a QR-theme.example for reference purposes).
HOT NEWS: For the month of April we are offering a 40% discount on biteSMS licenses! So please consider supporting us. See biteSMS > Settings > Buy License
Note: For iOS 4 users, in effect you are installing Release 5.5 of biteSMS and don’t get any new features.
Note: For iOS 3 users, in effect you are installing Release 4.8 of biteSMS and don’t get any new features.