Apple released iOS 6.1.3 today, patching and closing up the jailbreak. DO NOT UPDATE! They closed the restore window on 6.1.2. This means that if anyone has to restore their device, they are stuck without a jailbreak until another is released. What does this mean for you?
1) If you are already jailbroken, do not update.
2) Do not restore your device. Doing so will force you onto 6.1.3 (exception is older devices that can use redsn0w for restoring older FW).
3) If your device will not boot, before restoring, try holding the volume up button while booting to get into forced safe mode. In this case, you can hopefully get back into your device to fix whatever you did to cause it not to boot.
4) iOS 5 users on iPhone 4s type devices, you lost your chance to update to iOS 6 and jailbreak. Stay on iOS5.Continue Reading ..>>
Looks like 6.1.2 is out and still jailbreakable with Evasi0n according to planetbeing who tested it on an iphone 5 and ipad mini. Those of you jailbroken cannot directly update so your steps are:
1) Backup device
2) Restore (not update) to latest firmware
3) Activate device, and recover your backup
4) Jailbreak again.
The changes are mainly to fix the exchange bug so if you aren’t impacted by that and don’t want the hassle of updating, feel free to skip 6.1.2 and stay on your existing firmware.Continue Reading ..>>
Evasi0n was a great hit – probably the most anticipated and most elaborate jailbreak yet. The demand is huge – all servers at Cydia but also at SpiritOfLogic are under heavy load. We are happy to announce that all our Jailbreak Apps (iRealSMS, PwnTunes and PhotoAlbums+) are working with iOS 6.x now. To celebrate the [...]Continue Reading ..>>
iOS5 users, if you ever want to jailbreak iOS6, you need to get updated immediately!
Apple is seeding 6.1.1 to developers as a beta. This means 6.1.1 update is coming pretty quick (next few days?) Good chance this has the jailbreak already patched out and also once it’s released you will no longer be able to restore to 6.1. So while you still can, I suggest you get yourselves onto 6.1 today so that if you choose to jailbreak you have the option to do so. If you’re still on 5.x and think you ever want to be jailbroken on 6.x, you should get the update to 6.1 done today.Continue Reading ..>>
If your device won’t boot up, reboot it while holding the volume up key. This will disable all extensions and allow you to get into cydia to solve the problem. Remember this so you do not have to restore to solve problems. (This is only if your device will not boot like you are stuck at apple logo. Otherwise, boot your device up normally).
Now that the jailbreak is out, this will help some of you jailbreakers do a couple of simple things that will protect your jailbreak and help you in case of problems later down the road and prevent having to restore to solve a problem. Remember, once Apple turns off signing 6.1 firmware (like on a future update), you may not be able to restore in case of problems without losing your untethered jailbreak. Therefore, these things will help you in case you do have issues as well as preventing some issues.
1) Remove the “reset all” button in settings. This button will make your device unbootable and you will have to restore. The easiest way to do this is to simply install “ResetAllKiller”. If you’re on the idevice now, you can get there by clicking here.
2) Remove the software update button in settings. This also removes nagging notifications that a pending software update is available. Clicking software update seems to put your device into a non-bootable state if your device is jailbroken. Do this by installing “Software Update Killer” from cydia. If you’re on your device now, you can click here to load cydia and get there. This is also solved by updating the latest jailbreak updates in cydia, but the added protection from software update killer doesn’t hurt.Continue Reading ..>>
The long awaited iOS6 untethered jailbreak is now out for Windows, Linux, and OSX. You can download it and read guides on how to use it at Evad3rs site:
Lots of hours went into this JB. I’m sure the teams would appreciate it if you used the donate button inside of it and sent them a small donation for their efforts (optional of course).
As always, cydia will be extra busy in the first few days so if you’re having cydia related issues, try later is a good suggestion.Continue Reading ..>>
12 December 2012 iOS 6 compatibility. Polished, Optimised and Ready! Command line interface now supports iMessage (run as *mobile* user): /Applications/biteSMS.app/biteSMS -send [-carrier|-bite|-iMessage] to_address text_msg We now use the facebook contact picture if your local address contact pic is not set. Links colours now work properly in biteSMS themes. Note: For iOS 5 users, in [...]Continue Reading ..>>
Safari in iOS 6 offers a fullscreen-mode only for Landscape. FullScreen for Safari not only adds a FullScreen mode for Portrait-Orientations, but offers great new Gestures and Actions. It adds new multi-touch gestures which can be assigned to actions like reload, scroll down/up, next tab… Examples: Pull the browser view in one direction to switch tabs, Swipe with [...]Continue Reading ..>>
Edit: Looks like it’s removed from App Store.
I guess apple isn’t even testing their apps. Someone is selling a totally fake app called “SBSettings [cydia]” on AppStore for $1.99. It is totally fake. Do not buy it. The app is actually an alarm clock.
It is impossible to produce something like sbsettings outside of the jailbreak world due to its nature. Impossible. The fake sbsettings even takes the product description and screenshots right from our Cydia description.
My guess is someone submitted it as an alarm clock then changed the product description and screenshots after it was in AppStore to scam extra money from the public. LolContinue Reading ..>>
. . AdBlocker, Firewall iP and ScreenDimmer have been updated to support iOS 6. They also include minor fixes and new features. Yllier’s other paid tweaks (FullScreen for Safari/iPad, RingerX VIP) will be updated for iOS 6 soon. If you don’t already know about these apps: AdBlocker AdBlocker is an easy to use and powerful [...]Continue Reading ..>>