If you have not heard already, apple has updated the maximum size that apps/Binaries can be on the app store from 2gb to 4gb as of Feb 12th. The 2gb limit has been in place since the beginning so this marks the first ever increase for the App Store. With each new model of iPhone [...]Continue Reading ..>>
I am very excited to announce that after years of being asked if we would fully open the site to advertising we finally are. We are not only offering advertising to get your brand out to well over a million unique visitors each month but offering something even better. The advertising will include a full [...]Continue Reading ..>>
Switcherloader is a library for loading custom views/plugins in to the SBAppSwitcher like the built in music and volume controls with a developers APIContinue Reading ..>>
Hi, I’ve just released a new project called PhySwitch. It’s a simple app switcher using volume buttons to change between applications.Continue Reading ..>>
After a seemingly long delay, the wait is finally over. PwnTunes has been ported over to work with all 4.3 firmwares. Apple had changed just about every aspect of the iPod framework, so after much effort PwnTunes had to be completely rewritten from scratch.Continue Reading ..>>
The first version of WeBe++ lacked one important feature: Cursor support – a severe problem for AppleTV 2G users. And for the large number of PS3 users, operating their device without these geometric symbol buttons (triangle, square, cross, and circle) wasn’t fun either. The new update solves both by a special PS3 widget. Give it a try!Continue Reading ..>>
SpiritOfLogic’s latest PhotoAlbums+ 2.0 update fixes a couple bugs and now provides the long awaited iPad Support! For those of you that dont know what PhotoAlbums+ is, its a simple CameraRoll Management Tool. It allows you easily create custom photo albums so you can sort out all the images/videos from your CameraRoll directly on your [...]Continue Reading ..>>
— — OverBoard, my SpringBoard expose extension got a major update. New for version 1.1.4 is page reordering, badge support, many new activation methods via libactivator, the ability to become home screen, a numbered theme, sounds courtesy of WiFone, and speed enhancements/memory-use reductions! Available on the Cydia Store for $1.99 ProSwitcher is a task switcher [...]Continue Reading ..>>
New in Xpandr 1.0.2: Enable / Disable Xpandr in secure (password) textfields. Need a default reply for mails? Sick of typing this long text over and over again? Constantly making the same typo? Xpandr will fix this for you. Xpandr is a shortcut expander for the iPhone / iPod touch. It allows you to define [...]Continue Reading ..>>
New in v1.1.0: Can now apply filters based on Calendar and Availability CalendarPro (Profiles) is a highly configurable ring profile manager that lets you use your Calendar events to control how your phone will ring or vibrate for notifications ranging from phone calls to push notifications. CalendarPro offers seamless integration into the normal Calendar application [...]Continue Reading ..>>
Developer ashikase is helping out with updating categories app. ashikase is the author of the springboard addon CategoriesSB (as well as Backgrounder and other stuff).
Anyways, what we have here is a pretty heavy internal rewrite. The modifications are going to allow for some cool features in upcoming versions. The changes in this version are:
- Internal rewrite of the config app
- Transitions added in GUI
- Reworked how folders are layed out internally. This will allow for apps like taptap 2 and taptap 3 to both be put into folders (hopefully).
We are posting the deb for beta testing for anyone that wants to test it.
Note that if you have CategoriesSB installed you should not try this beta. While the final version will work fine and be released with a CategoriesSB update, the beta does not support current CategoriesSB.
To use this beta, you must know how to use SSH. If you do not understand any of these steps (which are purposely sparse) you should wait for a release version rather than using this beta.
- Get categories beta here.
- SSH it to /tmp on your iPhone
- as root, run dpkg -i /tmp/categories_2.26.6.deb
- Manually respring or the ‘i button won’t work.
This beta will convert your existing category folders into a new format. If you uninstall the beta and reinstall categories from main repository, you will have to set up your folders from scratch again (or just wait for this to be final in the repository in which case you will not have to re-set up folders).Continue Reading ..>>
Edit: It looks like this may be fixed in latest blackra1n. I have not tested this personally but have been told it is the case. Finally.
Just a warning about blackra1n. Geohot released blackra1n a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty good. Unfortunately, Geohot has included a very buggy version of Icy which, when installed, will pretty much screw up your whole jailbreak causing you to have to restore.
Shame on Geohot for not fixing this. We have told him numerous times there are issues. Users have messaged him, he has been notified, he just doesnt care. Anyways:
–> Do NOT install Icy in Blackra1n <–
The icy bundle is broken and does not have permissions to install software, but that’s not the worst part. Blackra1n install of Icy breaks cydia and rock your phone since it has a very old version of dpkg. This is the core to all these installers. Since icy is usually installed last, it overwrites dpkg with its own. This causes things like winterboard not working, sbsettings not working. What is really happening is mobile substrate cannot be installed (among other things).
I get about 20 emails a day on various issues that all stem from this one issue. So please spread the word. Do not install Icy in blackra1n.
Note: Icy is not to blame here, but the installation of Icy on blackra1n. Icy bundle in pwnagetool is fine. The problem is Geohot found a very old Icy and did not get it from rip-dev guys.Continue Reading ..>>
This is a tool that I whiped up to assist in the downgrade of firmware 3.1 to 3.0 (or if you’re lucky 3.0.1) using Saurik’s method. In order for his method to work you had to allow Cydia to store your 3Gs SHSH key. This tool is ONLY for 3Gs iPhones and is NOT a [...]Continue Reading ..>>
A quick note on memory usage (and hopefully this is the last note on libhide for months to come). There have been some questions as to how much additional memory is used by moving libhide into mobile substrate. I would argue that the answer is none. Here is why. First, the dylib itself, only takes a few kbytes of memory while running. Whatever is required to load a dylib and it just makes a list of your apps so that would be an array of some strings. Literally less than 100k including the 15k to load the dylib into memory. The “old” method had some overhead also. Springboard, itself, had to keep a list of hidden apps. But since it was not just focused on hiding icons, it had to keep more information in this list. Restrictions block protocols so that had to be handled. The new dylib prevents springboard from having to keep track of these things freeing up that memory. It’s a pretty bold statement to say that with the new method you are using *less* memory, but I will say it is roughly the same.
Update: I have v2.0.3 done and released in the main repository for beta testing. Changes: apps should no longer all be unhidden after installing something from appstore or sync from iTunes. (Respring solved the problem on 2.0.2). I’ll probably release this publicly in a few hours After over a 1000 downloads and no complaints, I’m releasing it public now.
Bug Report: If you sync with iTunes or install an app or update from appstore, all hidden apps are unhidden. Solution: just respring and everything is back to normal. I’ll look into this for next version. This is due to my spotlight speed up code.
Update: I have v2.0.2 done and released in the main repository up for beta testing. Changes:
- You can now hide iPod app
- Further spotlight speed ups, in fact, I think spotlight is probably slightly faster with the extension than without because I bypass some logic. Recommend uninstall spotbright for better spotlight speed with this. It will work with spotbright, but both do much of the samething and libhide does it faster. In fact, I believe libhide’s spotlight is faster than spotlight without libhide because it cuts off some internal logic and makes everything visible.
- Added ability for an app to hide from spotlight search results or not. No app uses this yet.
I believe I have solved the reported libhide issues and released v2.0.1 for beta testing. Please if you are capable of it update your libhide using this deb and then this command in SSH: dpkg -i libhide_2.0.1.deb.
Remember, as a beta tester you are expected to understand this may not be stable, although it does work for me tested on 3 devices. You must also be able to install this without help and report issues with a syslog if requested.
To use this, you will need bossprefs or sbsettings and simply hide some icons and unhide them. Note that mobile substrate safe mode should show all hidden icons, and a respring would hide them again.
Changes from 2.0:
1) Fixed speed issue of respring which was causing many older iphones to take forever respringing and in some cases, if enough hidden apps existed, go into an endless reboot loop.
2) Fixed major lag caused on spotlight
3) Added spotlight support for hidden apps. Spotbright is no longer needed. Your spotlight will be a bit faster if you uninstall spotbright if using libhide 2.0.1 or newer.
4) Fixed output bug in the update process and removed all the debug messages from the updater app (runs when you install from cydia only).
5) Added 2.x support. On 2.0 on 2.x firmware, you would have had no hidden icons.
For those of you worried about another mobile substrate addon for hiding apps, this also handles the hidden icons in spotlight so you may no longer need spotbright. That lets you remove one substrate in place of another.
Note: due to the all sources package adding my beta repository for users that were not capable of being beta testers, I have removed my beta repository and asked Saurik to update my main repository source that would force the beta repository to be uninstalled.Continue Reading ..>>
Edit (Aug 10): Added v0.99 into the beta repository as a 1.0 release candidate. I fixed a couple issues:
- Large camera roll images are too zoomed to see them
- Added solid color option (by request)
- Fixed broken longer time durations (like in hours) so that the image would change even though you lock the device and load apps in that time frame.
I have done some testing on 2.2.1 with BossPaper. It *mostly* works but there are a few problems: 1) The image doesn’t stop rotating because the springboard API to detect when an app is loaded changed. 2) Some settings app gui problems 3) My routine to copy dock is broken. I am not sure how much effort I am going to take to fix these things.
As it stands, I plan to release v1.0 as 3.0 only sometime later tonight baring any major issues with 0.99 reported. So far all issues seem minor.
I have released a new BossPaper to the beta repository tonight. If there are no major issues, I will open this up by adding it to the main repository later this week. There are still a few things to be done, but the major feature is added: allowing to select individual images. Here are the changes for v0.95:
- Used better randomization algorithm. The images seemed to be repeating too often.
- When locked, image was switching one more time. Fixed this so that the image did not switch on lock.
- Added sequential ordering option to show images in order rather than randomize.
- Added Wallpapers folder to images to select folders.
- Added some explanation on dock replacement screen when winterboard is installed that winterboard will be used to replace the dock.
- Added single image(s) selection. You can select images by browsing the folders on the flash disk. If both images and folders are selected, all will be rotated. If you have folders selected, you must delete them if you wish to show only images. You can also preview the images.
- Made the prefs app switch paper when closed if a preference reload is required so the user “feels” like something is happening.
- Took some extra steps to make sure no timer is running if only 1 image is selected.
- Added a “delete all” button for image mode. (Note this button is intentionally difficult to press).
Here is the current status:
1) Icon labels are grey – Status: Investigating.This is default color of icons. Winterboard themes make this white. I have not yet decided if I want to touch this.
2) Lag introduced on springboard when not using fade transition – Status: Investigating. I cannot reproduce this at this point.
1) White icon label switch – Status: Investigating. Theoretically this could get into “let me choose the icon label color” which was out of scope for the project since it focuses on wallpapers, but I may do it anyway.
2) Lockscreen wallpaper – Status: Investigating.
3) Release for 2.2 – Status: Investigating.
4) Cube Transition – Status: Investigating. (I do not want to use any opengles in springboard).
5) Lock Screen Wallpaper With home button to change – Status Investigating. I like this idea and will probably get to it.
Issues reported closed out:
1) Cydia issue after installing BossPaper – Status: Closed. This is an unrelated issue. See other Cydia bug reports. The comments in this post (not the post itself) offer suggestions for resolving these issues.
2) Theme Icons – Status Closed. Icon theming is out of scope and makes bosspaper become a full winterboard replacement. I may, however, create something that allows for a pick-and-choose for various winterboard themes (this is on my todo list).
3) Image swaps while on lock screen – Status: Closed. This was not a battery issue. The image just changed one more time. I fixed it in the latest 0.95 anyway (mainly to avoid emails by concerned users). If this is a battery issue, I will consider it urgent for a fix.
4) Dock swap is confusing – Status: Closed. Added some text to the new version explaining that if winterboard is installed, winterboard handles the dock swap with a theme added by BossPaper.
5) Allow for sequential display not just random – Status: Closed. Implemented in v0.95.
6) Allow single image select – Status: Closed. Implemented in v0.95. In addition, you can pick and choose any number of images not just one. (Or just one if you want).
7) Import from stock wallpaper folder - Status: Closed. Implemented in v0.95.Continue Reading ..>>