Quick update: Jailbreak is almost here. Many tweaks are getting updates such as sbsettings, springflash, and more.Continue Reading ..>>
Jailbreakers: Do not upgrade to iOS6 until a jailbreak is released. You will lose all your jailbreak!
iOS 6 is a total dud. I think it’s by far the worst major upgrade Apple has ever provided. It’s more like a 5.1.2 than a 6.0. Let’s take a look at the major differences moving to iOS6 from iOS 5.
1) Removes youtube
2) Removes google maps.
3) Adds apple maps. No street view, no transit directions. Remember, google has been doing maps a long time. No way apple is doing it as well in a few months.
4) Adds what? Facebook integration, ViP mail, do not disturb? iOS 5 users, you can get “do not disturb” functionality with “ringerx vip” in cydia.
This is definitely not worth an upgrade. And if you are jailbroken on iOS5 definitely do not upgrade to this. You will lose your jailbreak and that’s definitely not worth it for this.
Speaking of disappointments, the iPhone 5 seems equally disappointing. The screen is a little bigger – that’s great. The device is a little faster, also neat. But the change of the dock is huge. How many devices do you plug your iphones into? iHome, car, chargers. All this requires new cables and all these devices stop working. In my home I have 5 docks for charging in various rooms, a car deck with an iPod cable coming out of it. All this becomes useless if I buy an iPhone 5. I’ll stick with iPhone 4s another year.Continue Reading ..>>
Absinthe 2.0 brings us a new untethered jailbreak method for all eligibile devices on firmware 5.1.1. This release is a great collaboration between jailbreak teams and represents countless hours of work. The process requires your PC or Mac to connect your device and perform the jailbreak after updating your device to iOS 5.1.1. Remember to [...]Continue Reading ..>>
At WWDC, IOS5 was announced. I really thought this would go without saying, and it probably does for most of you. But do not install IOS5 beta unless you are a developer actually developing on it. It might seem fun, but really there’s nothing there you can’t get today from IOS4 jailbroken. Since IOS5 is not out until September (months away), no developers are releasing updates to support it right now. Almost everything is broken on it. Yes, you can jailbreak it tethered, but is also only for developers to start fixing things. All these beta firmwares expire which means you will have to update every couple weeks. In short, this is not meant for the public and no one should be running it.
I know SBSettings is broken on IOS5. Yes, I already have had ideas about using the notification area for IOS5 SBSettings. Therefore, all emails regarding SBSettings on IOS5 will just be ignored and deleted.Continue Reading ..>>
Thanks to all our users for their patience, and most especially thanks to those persons that were working on the Amazon outages. Cydia Store’s capabilities have been entirely restored about an hour ago. A tweet by saurik breaks it down: 86 hours of offline time, days and nights of screwed-up sleeping patterns to be available at a moment’s notice. A hectic weekend closes with much rejoicing and jubilation. Now, go forth and download. :)Continue Reading ..>>
- Fix: statusbar date on 4.2.1 or newer devices.
- Fix: Updated fix blanks button to hopefully not crash when more than one blank exists
- Fix: Hopefully fixed the more app crashing when one of the ads cannot load.
- Fix: When moving toggles order, added back the “save” button so user knows to press “save” to save changes.
- Fix: Lock screen buttons when you hit the power button on the lock screen. Removed lock and the title so it fits.
- Fix: Internal window ordering in main drop down window to help compatibility issue with folder enhancer.
- New: Added option to more app, system options, to delete the carrier name to give more space to statusbar for things like date and free memory.
- New: Included Max’s Serious SBSettings HD theme that adds a retina icons display theme to default sbsettings. Thanks to Max at maxthemes.com for this great theme!
- New: Added retina icons for the more app for retina displays. Thanks to 42395_skyline for these icons!
- New: Added support for springboard key that was used by makeitmine app. This means that installing SBSettings should actually fix makeitmine. (I did this because it’s needed for the delete carrier name option).
- Toggles: Removed phone toggle from default. It doesn’t work on 4.2.1 and newer devices. Use airplane instead. (Phone toggle is now installable via separate package in cydia for older devices).
Note: Everytime I release an update to SBSettings, my inbox is literally flooded with a whole bunch of “SBSettings bugs” that are not even remotely related to SBSettings. Sometimes it takes a long time to debug these issues and point out which app had the issues. If you are having problems, and it’s some wacky thing that is not in the change log above, you should consider removing mobile substrate and all the apps it wants to remove, rebooting, installing sbsettings in this state, and seeing if you can reproduce the issue. Then reinstall your apps one-by-one. I know it’s a pain, but this is basically what I’ll recommend you do when I sense that the issue cannot be SBSettings related.Continue Reading ..>>
SpiritOfLogic’s latest PhotoAlbums+ 2.0 update fixes a couple bugs and now provides the long awaited iPad Support! For those of you that dont know what PhotoAlbums+ is, its a simple CameraRoll Management Tool. It allows you easily create custom photo albums so you can sort out all the images/videos from your CameraRoll directly on your [...]Continue Reading ..>>
Yesterday, the dev team released their carrier unlock for iPhone 3g and 3gs devices. Many of you were waiting for this and assumed it was another exploit that would bring in a new carrier unlock.
Interestingly enough, it’s actually not. It turns out the ipad baseband hardware is the same hardware in 3g and 3gs devices. But the baseband is a higher number 6.x. Therefore, it seems that we can take the ipad baseband and install it on iphones then use the same unlock in ultrasn0w from last time. Unfortunately, this doesn’t work on iphone 4′s. Therefore, the unlock is for all iphone 3g, 3gs, and ipads running 3.2.2 or lower. iPhone 4 users, there’s no unlock available here nor will it be likely that one will be coming anytime soon.
Keep in mind, if your device is a 3gs new bootrom that a 4.2.1 firmware jailbroken will be tethered so you should not update to 4.2.1 due to this. However, 3g owners and 3gs with old bootrom need not worry about tethered jailbreak and are free to update.
The unlock can be installed directly from redsn0w or from pwnage if you are planning to make a new pwnage bundle.Continue Reading ..>>
If you are getting host unreachable errors while trying to install pay packages, these are caused by Cydiastore payment check and need to be addressed by Saurik. It is not something I can solve on my end and (most importantly) my repo is not down. You get an error message like “apt.thebigboss.org host unreachable”. But the issue is that the cydiastore check times out.
Currently, Saurik is out of town on a conference so this may not be solved for a couple days.Continue Reading ..>>
If you follow iRealSMS on twitter or visit the website you might have been taking part in the the beta testing for iRealSMS 3.0s latest update. With the beta now over, iRealSMS 220.127.116.11 update has been submitted to the BigBoss repo and should be available now. What is included in the new update is a [...]Continue Reading ..>>