- collects and shows all alert messages, such as missed calls, SMS, MMS, calendar events, Facebook messages etc.
- current weather and forecast
- analogue clock including a stop-watch
- random camera roll browsing
- shows time with seconds
- shows date with week
In addition to this it also integrates synthetic speech* into all these features! This means that your precious iPhone can now actually speak out what time it is, what the weather is like*, who just called or texted you* and so forth*. Well, enough talking, lets dive right into our video to see SwirlyScreen 2.0 in action:
* for 2G and 3G iPhones the synthetic-voice only works to speak the current time. To be able to hear for example the weather a device that supports VoiceOver is needed (like for example the iPhone 3GS).
To control the behavior of SwirlyScreen there are a few settings (in the normal Settings app):
Below follows a few more screenshots from within SwirlyScreen: