What is PwnTunes?
from the makers of iRealSMS
PwnTunes – iPhone Drag&Drop Music Import without iTunes – Home
It’s a new way to sync your Music & More without the use of iTunes!
As we all know there are many many different MP3 players out there but the Apple iPod Touch & iPhone have dominated the market as the best media player around!
But even though we all love the device, many of us hate the restrictive iTunes system lockdown on our music and files. You’re tied down to syncing your device with only your home PC or you run the risk of losing everything on your iPhone or Touch.
Why can’t you just plug it into any PC as you can do with just about every other mp3 player in the world!?
NOW YOU CAN!
With PwnTunes It’s as easy as plugging your sync cable into your Windows PC.
Then it’s as simple as browsing your file explorer to copy your files from your iPhone/Touch to your PC. or you can drag items from the PC to your iPhone/Touch!
drag, drop & go!
What can you do:
- Drag pictures from your camera roll to any PC
- Drag Music from your iTunes synced music library to any PC
- music files are translated from the encoded gibberish file names into a user friendly list based on the original file name as it would be on your PC
- After the loading of iTunes Music folder has finished, you can delete songs from it (and from iPod library) via USB
- Add music from any PC to your device & it will automatically import into your iPod app.
- ID3 tags from MP3 & M4A files will also import track info and album art
- support for tags from other music types not yet supported
- Limited Tag Management:
- Loads Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/cover.jpg/Cover.jpg from same folder as cover
- Uses Folder’s name (if in a folder) as album name when no album ID3 tag found
- Uses Parent Folder’s name (if in a folder in a folder) as artist name when no artist ID3 tag found
(My Music/Artist Name/Album Name/Title.mp3)
- var/mobile/Library/downloads folder is mapped to USB so you can manage your safari downloaded files.
- Drag and save any type of file(images, videos, documents, spreadsheets, etc) onto your device to use it as a USB drive!
- WINDOWS XP**
- WINDOWS VISTA
- WINDOWS 7
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MAC
CLICK ABOVE TO SEE YouTube VIDEO TUTORIAL VIA i-Enthusiast
**fix included for xp usersMark Bruce & Kory Lee