Now that iOS7 has been jailbroken, it is advised that anyone that ever wants to be on iOS 7.0.4 *ever* gets there very soon. Speculation is that Apple will release an update soon and when that occurs, they will stop signing 7.0.4. Users will have a limited time window to get onto iOS7 and be jailbreakable. Further, reports are that evasi0n only runs on a freshly restored 7.0.4 rather than one a device that got to 7.0.4 via “software update”. So if you have not done so yet, now is the time to backup your device in iTunes, restore it to a fresh 7.0.4, and keep it on ios7.0.4.
For those that have jailbroken, keep in mind that some tweaks may not work. And every tweak needs to be recompiled to work on ARM64 (iphone 5s) so many things installed may simply not show up until updated.Continue Reading ..>>
Mobile substrate (now called cydiasubstrate) has been updated and released for the ios7 jailbreakers. With this, developers can now start compiling and testing their tweaks on arm64 devices such as the iphone 5s. Every tweak will need to at least be recompiled for arm64 support. Something like sbsettings needs a full recompile plus every toggle needs to be recompiled. Several tweaks still aren’t ready. If a tweak does not support arm64 on your 5s type device, it simply wont load or do anything.
Developers wanting to upgrade their tweaks to ios7 can follow this awesome guide. You need a MAC running xcode 4.4 and xcode 5.0.2: http://iphonedevwiki.net/index.php/Updating_extensions_for_iOS_7Continue Reading ..>>
So an iOS7 jailbreak was released today. However, it was done without working with the community. So almost none of the normal jailbreak material are ready (cydia, mobile substrate, any of the tweaks you want to install). Since none of us developers have had any time with ios7 yet, we are all starting our work now. So it will be a while for everything (anything) to be working.
Also, for Chinese users, the jailbreak app installs something called “Taig” (a chinese appstore?) and you have to make sure to check the “cydia” box during jailbreak installation to get cydia installed.
Supporting the iphone 5s is going to be a larger task for most of us developers. The device runs 64bit arm, so unlike in the past, most tweaks have to be recompiled using a mac.
I strongly suggest that you download the jailbreak but do not install it yet for a couple weeks while developers update things. I suggest that you also do not upgrade your device keeping it at 7.0.4.Continue Reading ..>>
Looks like the iphone 4 class device tethered jailbreak will be due out soon via a port of redsn0w. I know that opensn0w is out somewhere also, but the steps for that are very complicated. Also, none of the tweak developers have had a jailbreak to use for development yet, so likely almost everything installed [...]Continue Reading ..>>
Firewall iP, the only Firewall for iOS gets a beautiful new UI for its app! Of course it supports retina devices as well as the larger screen of the iPhone 5. Firewall iP is the only security app of its kind and offers many advance features like getting WhoIs-informations about the host. Block outgoing TCP [...]Continue Reading ..>>
Apple released iOS 6.1.3 today, patching and closing up the jailbreak. DO NOT UPDATE! They closed the restore window on 6.1.2. This means that if anyone has to restore their device, they are stuck without a jailbreak until another is released. What does this mean for you?
1) If you are already jailbroken, do not update.
2) Do not restore your device. Doing so will force you onto 6.1.3 (exception is older devices that can use redsn0w for restoring older FW).
3) If your device will not boot, before restoring, try holding the volume up button while booting to get into forced safe mode. In this case, you can hopefully get back into your device to fix whatever you did to cause it not to boot.
4) iOS 5 users on iPhone 4s type devices, you lost your chance to update to iOS 6 and jailbreak. Stay on iOS5.Continue Reading ..>>
Looks like 6.1.2 is out and still jailbreakable with Evasi0n according to planetbeing who tested it on an iphone 5 and ipad mini. Those of you jailbroken cannot directly update so your steps are:
1) Backup device
2) Restore (not update) to latest firmware
3) Activate device, and recover your backup
4) Jailbreak again.
The changes are mainly to fix the exchange bug so if you aren’t impacted by that and don’t want the hassle of updating, feel free to skip 6.1.2 and stay on your existing firmware.Continue Reading ..>>
Evasi0n was a great hit – probably the most anticipated and most elaborate jailbreak yet. The demand is huge – all servers at Cydia but also at SpiritOfLogic are under heavy load. We are happy to announce that all our Jailbreak Apps (iRealSMS, PwnTunes and PhotoAlbums+) are working with iOS 6.x now. To celebrate the [...]Continue Reading ..>>
iOS5 users, if you ever want to jailbreak iOS6, you need to get updated immediately!
Apple is seeding 6.1.1 to developers as a beta. This means 6.1.1 update is coming pretty quick (next few days?) Good chance this has the jailbreak already patched out and also once it’s released you will no longer be able to restore to 6.1. So while you still can, I suggest you get yourselves onto 6.1 today so that if you choose to jailbreak you have the option to do so. If you’re still on 5.x and think you ever want to be jailbroken on 6.x, you should get the update to 6.1 done today.Continue Reading ..>>
If your device won’t boot up, reboot it while holding the volume up key. This will disable all extensions and allow you to get into cydia to solve the problem. Remember this so you do not have to restore to solve problems. (This is only if your device will not boot like you are stuck at apple logo. Otherwise, boot your device up normally).
Now that the jailbreak is out, this will help some of you jailbreakers do a couple of simple things that will protect your jailbreak and help you in case of problems later down the road and prevent having to restore to solve a problem. Remember, once Apple turns off signing 6.1 firmware (like on a future update), you may not be able to restore in case of problems without losing your untethered jailbreak. Therefore, these things will help you in case you do have issues as well as preventing some issues.
1) Remove the “reset all” button in settings. This button will make your device unbootable and you will have to restore. The easiest way to do this is to simply install “ResetAllKiller”. If you’re on the idevice now, you can get there by clicking here.
2) Remove the software update button in settings. This also removes nagging notifications that a pending software update is available. Clicking software update seems to put your device into a non-bootable state if your device is jailbroken. Do this by installing “Software Update Killer” from cydia. If you’re on your device now, you can click here to load cydia and get there. This is also solved by updating the latest jailbreak updates in cydia, but the added protection from software update killer doesn’t hurt.Continue Reading ..>>